Sunday 5 December 2010

Christmas Tree is Up

So happy!! My christmas tree is up, my new free tree as well, thank goodness for Freecycle. This is a beautiful 6ft tall as my old tree was just becoming far too small for my collection of baubles and trimmings, lol. It's up in my dining room this year so that when I have friends over for dinner we have a more festive atmosphere, as we invariably just stay chatting round the table when the meal is done.

Now for a tour of some of my favourite decorations. I adore this embroidered heart that I bought in Libertys many years ago

This is a contender for the oldest decoration on the tree, a children's dummy, that I think came from my 'auntie' Hilda, who lived across the street from us when I was a very small child.

Here is my poodle in a shoe and wooden heart. Love poodles, don't know why as I'm very much a cat lover but there is just something about poodles, and I love hearts.

This little sailor is only 2 inches high and could be very old, he's been in our family since I was a child but his origins are lost in the mists of time.

This little cheeky cherub is made of stockinette and I love her, again another purchase from Libertys. She always has to be well up the tree so she is away from the cat claws. Incidently have you tried putting up a christmas tree with 4 cats behaving as 10 week old kittens, it makes it interesting to say the least, lol.


My latest decoration, one of my own hanging atc decorations, they look lovely on the tree though I do say so myself. Looking forward to seeing everyone elses trees over the coming weeks!


3 comments:

  1. Your tree looks beautiful, Shaz! It's getting closer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely! I'm feeling really Christmassy. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas new look!
    Your Christmas tree is beautiful with all that pretty ornaments, This weekend I have been working in my Christmas tree too,soon you'll watch it
    Merry Christmas
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!