Tuesday 5 March 2013

Mini Quilts continued

 I'm still making little mini quilts and loving the little explosions of colour, soon have enough to sew together to make a journal cover. 
 I've been making a sewn together collage for a friend's son, using pamphlets and flyers picked up on their visit to Nantes, France and the Jules Verne museum.  It's been a while since I used this technique and it was nice to revisit it.  I also found an old copy of a Journey to the Centre of the Earth and used pages from it to add into the mix.

I just love the quilty furrows I got by stitching parallel lines on the larger, back page of my journal.  I'd love to use this effect on a larger quilt, maybe make something to throw over the sofa, mmmm............. too many ideas and so little time (as usual, lol).

4 comments:

  1. Great to see you here, Shaz. Those little quilts are so sweet.Lovely makes as usual, especially the collage. How clever of you. You're absolutely right about so much to do, so little time! Speak soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mini quilts are lovely and your trip in the previous post looks fantastic. That mill looks like it was a wonderful place to visit for sure. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like those furrows too! Bet they're lovely to touch....
    The collage looks like a fab idea; very special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini quilts are absolutely stunning!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!