Monday 25 October 2010

Random ramblings

I started running a Natural Crafts course at work today and as usual had had no time to work up any examples so whilst grabbing a cup of coffee this morning I dashed off these. Using a leaf as a negative stencil I used watercolours on vintage book papers, then collaged and added natural items such a sycamore wings, twigs and pressed flowers. But I needn't have worried, after a stroll in the local park, collecting leaves, twigs, seeds etc the group had lots of ideas of their own and we had a very enjoyable time together.

Talking of work I was in a graveyard again the other week. We had a team day out, having a walk and then lunch together. On the walk I came across a lovely little graveyard so I just had to have a five minute detour and this is one of the charming graves I came across.

I got out some material yesterday, Laura Ashley, that I bought ages ago, so long ago that I can't remember what project I had in mind for it. I've been given an armchair that must have been made in the 1930's or 40's that needs recovering and I thought I'd just see how much fabric I had. I turned round for a moment and then discovered Archie nestling in it, he has a sixth sense when it comes to me getting fabric out. I can't be mad at him, he's just so cute :)

10 comments:

  1. It's as if they sniff the fabric and decide it doesn't smell enough like them to belong in the house. :) My cat does the same thing with anything new we bring in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what, Kiddo, them cats of yours are so blinkin handsome they`re almost human! That fabric is gorgeous - I bought a little footstool from charity shop the other day that it would look perfect on!:)What about a wee tutorial on your blog for us folks who can`t get to your Natural Crafts Course?hint hint:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious picture of Archie! He looks so regal! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great natural stencil .... That looks really cool! And your cat has more than a sixth sense .... He has good sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O-M-G--love that cat!! Love your examples--so natural and intuitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment I realise I've a long way to go . I've wanted to make one since I saw your wonderous garden one. I need now to make pages where I can write as well.
    The kitten is holding her own through the mean behaviour of the other three cats, she is quite a bold little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaawwww.....just look at your cutesy cat!! few weeks back, i went to a friend house and saw all her 3 cats and OMG! she's got the 'biggest' cats i've ever seen! but they're gentle and so shy...
    your samples are stunning and organic! lol;)
    love that kinda look - 'vintagey'

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cat looks soooo cute! Love your natural stencil...great idea!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great colours and I love the photos of your cats..we used to have a cat this colour many years ago..well done on winning the giveaway think I will go and check it out now

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your gorgeous art book pages! your cat is beautiful too! Mine love to get into whatever I am making (paper,fabric)...it's a cat thing. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!