Friday 20 August 2010

New ATCs

Made some ATCs for an Ancient Civilisations swap but they have been under wraps until now. I did a background of sea colours as the Minoans were an island people and the sea was very important to them for trade, food etc. I used acrylics and stamping ink. I then used designs from their pottery to decorate them by hand. I used to use all of these designs on my own ceramics many moons ago and I still love minoan pottery with a passion. I would so like a time machine so I could go and watch them working.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful bit of history. The ATCs are beaufitul. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ATC's! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful, love that blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING! What a clever lady you are and I love the patterns and especially the colours. Well done you. Hope you`re enjoying your hols.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ATCs I love how you incorporated their designs into your work!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!