Saturday 3 January 2015

What a Year



It's been quite a year.  I finally found my little dream house in the country.  I didn't do too badly envisioning what I ended up with.  To clarify what I was looking for I decided to make a textile collage to remind myself what I needed and desired and hung it out in the old garden.   I was haunting Zoopla morning, noon and night and had almost given up when this house came along.  


I was totally stressed out, two offers on other houses had not been successful.  I was ready for a weekend off, no more house hunting and then this one popped into my inbox.  It's not old, but it ticked all the other boxes so I went, I saw, I loved and the rest is history.


Whatever the weather I never tire of this view .....


Then came the unpacking, choosing colours (always a favourite task) and then enjoying the results of my labours


There was lots to explore for the cats, a new garden to sniff around, new territories to conquer.  And they are so less stressed as I've only seen another 3 cats in the area whereas there were 10 that I knew of over the wall at the old house.



 Christmas has come and gone for another year.  Billy enjoyed the Christmas tree as usual, seeing it as a seasonal activity centre.


What will the New Year bring? What are we looking forward to?
  • More homebaking, coupled with some vegetable growing, there is a whole blank canvas of a garden to make over!
  • The summer house will be erected, a bargain in the sales, a welcome addition of some much needed shade on my sunny plot
  • More colour in the garden, it desperately needs flowers
  • More charity shop trawling and treasures to unearth
  • More visits to more cemeteries and more photos of angels
  • More rest - listening to my body and taking it easy sometimes and not feeling guilty about doing nothing
  • And definitely more creative making (an easy intention to keep as last years creative output was paltry as the very least)
A Happy New Year to all my friends and family!  I hope it brings you all you wish for!

4 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Looks like all my 'old' favourites are back (I use the word 'old' very loosely, I might add!). Great post Shaz and you sound so happy in your new home, which is just beautiful. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharon your house looks beautiful... you have an eye for decorating!! The cats seem to love it too. I look forward to seeing more pics of your new place as the season warms up. I am sure it won't take you long to create a paradise in your backyard :-) Happy New Year to you too :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things worked out so well for you and the cats seem to be very happy there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, hopefully the next post won't be so long coming. Happy New Year to you both

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!